Duration: 3 Days
Availability & Price Calendar
The glory of classical Greece will be unfolded before you on this three day classical tour. You will have the opportunity to admire all famous Greek archaeological sites and museums from the Classical period, the Roman domination, the Byzantine Empire, the Crusades and Modern times, visiting Epidaurus, Mycenae, Nafplion, Olympia and Delphi in this excellent Greek tour.
- Three Days Classical Tour from Athens to Ancient Mycenae, Epidavrus Theatre, Anciet Olympia, Delphi
- Scenic drive across Peloponnese and central Greece
- Overnights in Ancient Olympia and Delphi
- Entrance fees to the Archaeological sites
- Choice of tourist-class or first-class hotels
- Dinner & Breakfast at the hotels Daily (Vegetarian meals available)
- Professional Guide / Tour Leader for the entire tour
- Available lunguages: English & French
- Modern First Class Fully Airconditioned coaches
- Pick-up and drop-off from selected Athens hotels
Description of this tour
About the tour
1st day: Leave Athens by the coastal road towards the Corinthian channel where we have a short stop. Drive to Epidaurus, where we visit the famous ancient theater with superb acoustics.We continue our way to Nafplion where we have a short photo stop and then visit visit the Archaeological Site of Mycenae and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Then depart for Olympia through Central Peloponnese and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Overnight in Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games where you can have your dinner.
2nd day: The next morning we visit the Archaeological Site with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium and the Archaeological Museum. Then drive on through the plains of Eliad and Achaia until the magnificent new bridge which is crossing the Corinthian Bay from Rion to Antirion. Pass by the picturesque towns of Nafpactos (Lepanto) and Itea and then we will arrive in Delphi where we can have the second overnight and dinner.
3rd day: In the morning visit the Archaeological Site and the Museum. A couple of hours free time in Delphi before departing and drive through the village of Arachova, renowned for its colorful rugs and carpets. Return to Athens via Levadia and Thebes. Arrive in Athens early in the evening.
- First (A) Class Hotel option is reffering to 4* Hotel
- Tourist Class Hotel Option is reffering to 3* Hotel
- All Hotels are with private facilities
- Available rooms ar Singles, Doubles/Twins, Triples
- Admission to Monasteries and Churches visited on our tours is not allowed to gentlemen wearing shorts and ladies wearing trousers, shorts, short skirts or blouses not covering the shoulders
- Transport by First Class air-conditioned coach
- Monday - English & French Speaking Guide
- Tuesday - English & Italian Speaking Guide (Italian Speaking from 18/6/15- 08/9/15)
- Thursday - (only the following dates) - English Speaking Guide
April (19 & 26), May (10, 17 & 24), June (07, 21), July (12, 26), August (09, 23),
September (13, 20 & 27), October (04, 18)
- Saturday - English & French Speaking Guide
- From 01/11/2015 - 31/03/2016 only every Monday