Duration: 4 days
Availability & Price Calendar
Experience the glory of classical Greece with a four day tour and discover all essential monuments of Epidaurous, Mycenae, Nafplion, ancient Olympia, Delphi and Meteora. Greece through the centuries will unfold before you. Enjoy it!
- Corinth Canal
- Archaeological site and theater at Epidaurus, famous for its remarkable acoustics
- Archaeological site at Mycenae
- Archaeological site and museum at Olympia
- Archaeological site and museum at Delphi
- Breathtaking rock tower monasteries of Meteora
Description of this tour
Leave Athens by the coastal road to the Corinth Canal where we will havw short stop. Then will drive on and visit the Theatre of Epidauros, famous for its remarkable acoustics. After thar proceed to the town of Nauplion with a short photo stop. We continue to drive on to Mycenae and visit the Archaeological Site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Then depart for Olympia through Central Peloponnese and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Overnight in Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games where you can enjoy your dinner.
The Archaeological Site with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium and the Archaeological Museum will waiting you to explore them after your breakfast. Then leave Olympia through the plains of Eliad and Achaia until the magnificent bridge of Rion - Antirion and continue in mainland passing by the picturesque towns of Nafpactos and Itea. Eventually we arrive in Delphi where he will spend the night.
In the morning visit the Archaeological Site and the Museum. Then depart for the picturesque village of Kalambaka which stated at the foot of the astonishing complex of Meteora with the gigantic rocks. Τhere you will enjoy your dinner.
Visit Meteora, among striking scenery, perched on top of huge rocks which seem to be suspended in mid-air, stand ageless Monasteries, where you can see exquisite specimens of Byzantine art. Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae where we have a short stop to see across the road the Leonida's Monument. Early evening return to Athens.
- First (A) Class Hotel option is reffering to 4* Hotel
- Tourist Class Hotel Option is reffering to 3* Hotel
- All Hotels are with private facilities
- Available rooms ar Singles, Doubles/Twins, Triples
- Admission to Monasteries and Churches visited on our tours is not allowed to gentlemen wearing shorts and ladies wearing trousers, shorts, short skirts or blouses not covering the shoulders
- Transport by First Class air-conditioned coach
- Monday - English & French Speaking Guide
- Tuesday - English & Italian Speaking Guide (Italian Speaking from 18/6/12 - 08/9/12)
- Thursday - (only the following dates) - English Speaking Guide
April (19 & 26), May (10, 17 & 24), June (07, 21), July (12, 26), August (09, 23),
September (13, 20 & 27), October (04, 18)
- Saturday - English & French Speaking Guide