Duration: 2 Days
Availability & Price Calendar
Greece Most Popular Tour
Don't miss the chance to explore the spectacular archeological sites of Delphi
and see the amazing cliff-top monasteries of Meteora, during this two-day tour from Athens.
The 2 Days Delphi & Meteora Tour takes you first to the ancient city of Delphi and then across the scenic Plain of Thessaly to Kalambaka, a picturesque small town located at the foot of Meteora.
Meteora Monasteries are the most important groups of Greek Orthodox monasteries in Greece.
The monasteries are perched on top of towers of sandstone, which for centuries provided totally inaccessible retreats for the monks.
- Two Days Tour from Athens to Delphi & Meteora Monasteries
- Scenic drive across the Plain of Thessaly past the towns of central Greece
- Unesco World Heritage-listed rock-tower monasteries at Meteora
- Overnight in Kalambaka / Meteora
- Entrance fees to the Archaeological site of Delphi and Meteora Monasteries included
- Choice of tourist-class or first-class hotels
- Dinner & Breakfast at the hotel (Vegetarian meals available)
- Professional Guide / Tour Leader for the entire tour
- Available lunguages: English & French
- Modern First Class Fully Airconditioned coaches
- Pick-up and drop-off from selected Athens hotels
Description of this tour
About the tour
1st day: Leave Athens around 08:30 in the morning for Delphi via Thebes, Levadia (may have a short stop) and the picturesque village of Arachova, on the slopes of Mount Parnassus.
Upon arrival at Delphi we will stop for approx 1,5 hour. You can follow the guide and visit the Archaeological Site (entrance fees are included) or have this time at your leisure.
After the visit at Delphi we depart for Kalambaka (small town at the feet of Meteora Monasteries), passing through picturesque villages and towns of Central Greece.
Dinner and overnight at Kalambaka.
2nd day: In the morning, after breakfast, we leave Kalambaka to visit Meteora and enjoy a unique and most impressive scenery with ageless Monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between earth and sky atop huge rocks.
You will be visiting with the guide 2 of the Monasteries inside. After the visit at the Meteora Monasteries we leave for Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae (short stop to see across the road the Leonida's Monument).
We arrive in Athens early in the evening (between 18:30 - 18:45).
- First (A) Class Hotel option is reffering to 4* Hotel
- Tourist Class Hotel Option is reffering to 3* Hotel
- All Hotels are with private facilities
- Available rooms ar Singles, Doubles/Twins, Triples
- Admission to Monasteries and Churches visited on our tours is not allowed to gentlemen wearing shorts and ladies wearing trousers, shorts, short skirts or blouses not covering the shoulders
- Transport by First Class air-conditioned coach